There is no magic trick for writing excellent analysis, nor is there one set way to write your answer. In general, you should ensure that you can show the following in your writing:
- A clear and confident understanding of the content, ideas, vocabulary and themes in the poems.
- An ability to select short quotations and embed them in your answer.
- An ability to explore and analyse the effects of writers’ methods on readers.
- An understanding of the context of the poems.
- An ability to make clear and thoughtful comparisons of the ideas and methods used in the poems.
Here are some examples of poetry comparisons: